Sunday, February 18, 2018

For Aurora






Posting for two challenges this week.  This week GDP was a color challenge using the color palette below.  This week's Muse by Tracy has so many beautiful colors.  I tried and just don't have those in my stash.  More to order.  However, I took inspiration from the heart, and the Valentine-like theme and created a simple Anniversary card.  The colors look more pink than they show in real life.  Dark and light reds were used on Black cardstock.  The Thinly dies were from Sizzix called Celebrate.  Thank you Jennifer (my wonderful SIL).
Muse challenge #253




Kerstin Kreis from Germany is the New member of the team and came up with this color combo.
Once I pulled out these colors I wanted to make a few cards.

What I did: Stamps and Products: A Little Wild (SU! ) Sentiment: Vertical Greetings(SU!) Cardstock & Paper: Whisper White(SU!) cut 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4, Dapper Denim 4 1/8 x 5 3/8, adhering it to the card base with Tear tape. Whisper White and Melon Mambo scrap for the banner (SU!)  Medium stitched framelit Whisper White cardstock(SU!)
Ink: Momento- Tuxedo Black (SU!), Melon Mambo (SU!)  Stampin' Blends (SU!): Daffodil Delight Light and Dark
Brights Enamel Shapes
I cur the starburst out with my Cricut
Mini Dimensionals (SU!) Snail Adhesive(SU!) Tear & Tape (SU!) Simply Scored (SU!) Scissor snips


It's been hard for me to scrap this week.  We lost a very important member of out family. Our lab, Aurora.  She was only 3 years old. I haven't been much in the mood to be creative.  Aurora died unexpectedly this week.  She was a 3 year old lab who was full of love and just the sweetest thing you've ever seen.  We don't know what happened- we may never know.  A few mornings ago, we let her outside with our other dog, my husband called them both in for breakfast a few minutes later and Aurora never came in. She was on the ground, not responding.  We rushed her to emergency and she was gone.  NO explanation!  We have had many dogs through the years and lucky to have all of them live full lives.  W have always been sad about the passing of a pet.  However, this has been different.  This has been many days of tears, pain, and sorrow for our family.  I missed a few challenges this week because I just 'wasn't in the mood'.  This weekend I pulled myself together and spent a few hours in my craft room.  
This is for Aurora:


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment