Sunday, February 25, 2018

Time to 'D'-stress

GDP # 126
After seeing some beautiful entries into previous challenges I wanted to give Tim Holtz Distress inks a try. This week I am entering the GDP #126 Challenge.  The following card uses some of my new favorite colors. Being successful using Distress inks,  comes down to having good paper.  Although technique is important, it can be learned through practice and good Youtube videos.   I used the Stampin' Up! Stitched Framelit and stamped Versa-Mark and poured white embossing powder on it and heat set it.  I really love the colors Cracked
Pistachio and Broken China.  







Here is the sketch that Inspired this pretty card:



Before I made this card I took out several pieces of paper and applied Tim Holtz Distressed inks with sponge daubers and flicked with water.  The papers did curl a little as they dried, so I put them between some copy paper and ran through my Sizzix machine.  For some of the cards I stamped using Versa-mark and white embossing powder, first.  For the floral cards, I used the white embossing powder technique for the flowers before putting the Tim Holtz inks. After the paper dried and I flattened it, I stamped the sentiment using Versa-mark and white embossing powder. 
Dried out papers with just the ink


Finished cards mounted on 5.5 x 8.5 card stock, scored at 4.25 





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards. I love your distress effect.
    Thanks for the tip about running it through your die cutting machine to flatten it. Duh! I never thought of that :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete